Copywriters walk a fine line between adhering to best practices and thinking outside the box.
On the one hand, you don’t want to mess with what works. On the other, you need to get adventurous if you’re going to stand out from the crowd — nothing kills conversions like lazy copywriting.
In this episode of the Call to Action podcast, Copy Hackers co-founder Joanna Wiebe challenges marketers to take chances with their copywriting, and pinpoints three common mistakes that result in lazy copy that just doesn’t convert.
You will learn:
- Whether you should build your landing pages starting with the copy or the design.
- Why discounts and promos won’t always help your copy convert better.
- How to pitch your bold, adventurous copy to your boss so it doesn’t get rejected.
Listen to the podcast
Listen on iTunes.
Prefer Stitcher? We got your back.
Mentioned in the podcast
- Death to Fear And Laziness! How to Push Yourself to Write Sticky Landing Page Copy by Joanna Wiebe via Call to Action Conference.
- Theme music brought to you by the great folks at Wistia.
Transcript coming soon.